|Get your read on… and a nice tan.|
It’s finally beach season! There’s no better way to welcome the beautiful summer weather than hanging out by the beach (or poolside). Here are five books worth reading while you’re catching some rays this summer.
1. Starbucks Nation by Chris Ver Weil: a creative and hilarious satire of life in Hollywood – if you can get past the weirdness, it’s really an entertaining book.
2. The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell: the story of Carrie Bradshaw before Sex and the City.
3. Something Blue by Emily Giffin: You may have read Something Borrowed, or at least caught the blockbuster in theaters earlier this summer. This sequel, although written from a different character’s perspective, is just as heartwarming and worthwhile to check out.
4. My Booky Wook by Russell Brand: The actor and comedian’s hilarious memoir is definitely an entertaining read.
5. Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott: The first in a series of four, the book follows around a group of cousins as they spend the summer at the beach. Short and easy to read, it’s perfect for a day at the beach.
What books will you be reading poolside this summer?