|Put on those cowgirl boots!|
I’ll be the first to admit that for years, I despised country music. With those deep voices, sappy songs, and southern drawl, I just wasn’t into it. But little by little, it grew on me. And now? I can’t imagine any other summer anthem.
1. Dirt Road Anthem – Jason Aldean: You know those nights spent with friends in the warm summer air? You’re lounging on lawn chairs talking about last summer without a care in the world. Well, Aldean tells this tale for you with a slower tempo that’ll leave you nodding your head without even noticing.
2. Honey Bee – Blake Shelton: Sure, summer flings can be messy. But they can also be wonderfully amazing. Somehow, it just works. Shelton can attest to that and he tells us all about it in this upbeat tune.
3. Knee Deep – Zac Brown Band feat. Jimmy Buffet: Not new to the country playlist, this song is ideal for trips up to the beach or the river. After a long week, you’ve got your butt planted on the sand or the dock and the living’s easy. Throw this song on your iPod and you’ll feel like there’s no place else you’d rather be.
4. Barefoot Blue Jean Night – Jake Owen: Maybe it’s your last summer as a teen, or maybe your last summer before the real world. You wish you never had to grow up. So does Owen and he’s sure to make you feel okay about it with this song.
5. You Lie – The Band Perry: Summer is for flings, but it’s also for getting over that jerk who broke your heart last semester. Blast this before you head out for the night and you’ll have no problems wanting to get your flirt on – guaranteed.
So maybe country music isn’t your forte. Understandable. But there’s something about summer that just might change your opinion. Give it a go and check out these chart-topping tunes. You may still hate ‘em and refuse to put them on your iPod, but if you so happen to make a line from one of the songs your status, don’t say we didn’t tell you so.
♥AUTHOR: CHELSEA TIRRELL