|Spice up your season!|
School’s been in session for almost a month, and already there are tell-tale signs that autumn is on its way-the leaves are changing, the temperature is dropping, and the amount of free time you have is diminishing every day. Here are some ways you can welcome and enjoy this beautiful time of year:
The Autumn Movie List:
1) Halloween (the 1978 version)
2) The Dead Poets Society
3) (500) Days of Summer
4) October Sky
5) Donnie Darko
The Autumn Food List:
1) Pumpkin bread (Adding a bit of banana creates a surprisingly pleasant taste!)
2) Banana bread
3) Bake a loaf of rye bread with lavender-infused honey (raw, unpasteurized, of course)
4) Winter squash (Yes, the name is deceiving, but it’s too good to leave out!)
5) Eggplant parmesan
6) Tomato soup
7) Apple cider
8) Caramel apples
The Autumn Wardrobe List:
1) Boots: now that it’s getting cooler, you don’t have to worry about suffocating your feet! Choose a color and style that flatters you, but brown is the most seasonal.
2) Scarves: it varies with location, but I’m assuming that most of you guys’ autumns are slightly warmer than your winters. Ergo, it isn’t time just yet to break out the heavy woollies; light, knitted ones will complete any outfit!
3) Fall colors: You’re probably thinking, well, duh! I agree — it almost seems too obvious to mention. BUT a simple refresher never hurts: incorporating shades of orange, yellow, brown and red into your outfits somehow makes it appear more stylish- amps the holiday spirit up a few notches!
The Autumn Book List:
1) Jane Eyre – Jane Austen
2) Hang a Thousand Trees With Ribbons – Anne Rinaldi
3) A Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess
4) The Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien
5) On the Road – Jack Kerouac
6) The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
7) Dracula – Bram Stoker
The Autumn Activity List:
1) Playing in leaf piles never gets old!
2) Afternoon jogs are most enjoyable in the fall because there’s no spring showers, winter snow, or summer heat.
3) Reading ghost stories
4) Carving pumpkins
5) Halloween parties! Yeah!
6) October Fest for those of you who are old enough
7) Resurfacing those beloved hoodies!
8) Picking apples at an orchard
Be safe and have fun, everyone!